BED BUG CONTROL PROGRAM
For Homes and Businesses
For a variety of reasons Bed bug services are becoming more prevalent than ever before. Bed Bugs can be quite hard to identify so if in doubt call us. Once confirmed please stop the “spraying” or the application of Insecticides as this typically results in scattering the Bed bugs and forcing them deep into cracks, crevices, and voids.
The Bed Bug Program typically involves 5 stages.
1. Proper identificationThe first stage, and one of the most important stages in effective bed bug control is the accurate identification of bed bugs presence before starting any treatments.
2. PreparationBy the Homeowner (Preparation sheet supplied by Enviro-Guard Plus Office)
Prior to our service the Office will e-mail a Preparation sheet and be available to answer any questions. This part of the Program cannot be over emphasized as it is imperative that the Preparation sheet is read, understood, and completed in its entirety as failure to do so, makes resolution extremely difficult.
Sensitive items such as electronics and clothes are not treated. Clothes are to be washed and, more importantly, dried at the highest temperature and for the longest duration possible while considering the heat sensitivity of the garments.
By the Technician
The Technician will need to do some preparatory work as well before the first service can be started (removing outlet covers, potentially baseboards, etc.)
3. 1st serviceFirst treatment is applied to both infested and potentially infested areas.
After an appropriate air out period (usually 6 to 8 hours minimum) the homeowner can re-enter the unit and should further air out unit by opening windows, using fans, and turning on bathroom and kitchen vents. (please check with our Office to ensure that the minimum air out times are adequate for your situation). Minimal types of items can be returned to areas of service to provide essential comfort, bearing in mind the need for removal prior to the second service.
4. 2nd serviceA second service is done 14 days after the initial service.
5. Post service inspectionThen after a 2-week period a Post service Inspection is performed and if no activity is observed all furniture, clothes and personal items can be returned to usual placement.
As an extra tip regarding Bed Bugs, we would say, “make sure of the source of that used furniture, as you may get a wee bit more than you bargained for.”